Saturday, September 27, 2008

Behind Blue Eyes

In Memoriam

Paul Leonard Newman 1/26/1925 - 9/26/2008


It seems I had just lamented the loss of a gifted musician only to follow it up with the loss of one of the finest actors of our time. Paul Newman was not only an Oscar winning and seven time Oscar nominated actor; he was also a great humanitarian, entrepreneur, director, and racing enthusiast.



I've enjoyed his films ever since his debut in 1954's "The Silver Chalice". It seemed that, no matter what character he portrayed, I believed him.


There are thousands of tributes to him on the Internet and I've poured through a few hundred of them. Of those, I've selected three. The first is a scene from "Hud" - An Unprincipled Man




The second, a photographic tribute set to a remake of one of my favorite songs.



And finally, I couldn't resist this tribute to Paul that includes two more of my favorite screen legends -- Marlon Brando and James Dean.



Thanks for the memories, Paul. You are sorely missed.

No comments: