Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Phabulous

10,235 days.

That's how long it's been since I watched the Phillies win their last -- and first -- World Series. I was living in Ohio at the time. It was tough being a Philadelphia fan in the midst of Indian territory.

I'm looking forward to the parade. Too bad I probably won't be there. My company just isn't quite hip enough to save us all the trouble of catching the "Red Flu" and close for the afternoon. No, it's month end -- when all the groups must lay their numbers at Accounting's altar so the books can be closed on schedule.

Any deviation and, well, mayhem would ensue it seems....the Sun rising in the West, cats and dogs sleeping together. And we wouldn't want that.

I'll just have to attend the parade the next time they are World Champions. They can wheel me to the curb for a better view after they wipe the drool from my chin after I have my Metamucil.

No comments: