Monday, June 9, 2008

More Racing Kudos

This post comes courtesy of a fellow racing fan and reader, KaiserMichi:

BMW won their first ever Formula One Grand Prix yesterday - their first ever as a stand-alone team, that is. Nevertheless, it was won by Robert Kubica, a young man from Poland who is one helluva driver. So yesterday´s Grand Prix not only saw the first win by BMW, but also added the twentieth national anthem, the Polish anthem, to their repertoire. By the way, Kubica is also leading the driver´s standings. Ferrari leads the Constructeurs table, but only by two or three points.

As I had said in my post about the Indianapolis 500, I love auto racing but rarely can make the time to enjoy it. I still occasionally daydream about piloting a Ferrari around the circuit at Monaco, but for now, I'll have to make due with an AWD Mercedes driven barely within the boundries of legality.

Maybe in another life.

No comments: