Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Apollo 18

Here lies Apollo 18.... I know, there was no Apollo 18 mission. It was abandoned before its time because of budget cuts fueled by public apathy. Great minds still occasionally debate how we could have pulled the plug on the greatest endeavor in human history.

My hope is that the Constellation Program -- the successor to the Shuttle Program -- which gets underway in 2015 will be a worthy progeny of our manned space flight legacy.

I came across this article on NPR.org about Florida's Space Coast and it got me thinking about the short-sighted individuals who believe that spending money on space exploration is a waste. To that I respond with an appropriately chosen video.

A brilliantly conceived and written space opera, Babylon 5 often addressed issues regarding the human condition. Here's what was said about mankind's quest for the stars:

No comments: