Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Living and Listening Laterally

I've recently gotten into the band Tool. I've enjoyed their music at a distance for years, but it's only of late that I've looked more deeply into their writing and musicianship. I've heard them called a "thinking man's progressive art metal band". I could wax overly descriptive, but if you're really interested, look here and here -- it's far more verbose than I care to be.

I've always been fascinated by physics, mathematics, philosophy, biology and astronomy, so when I stumbled across Tool's video, Lateralus, that was used as a basis for a student's presentation on philosophy and the Fibonacci sequence, I was intrigued.

I post it here for your edification.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next time I go wireless I'm checking this out... It sounds awesome.
schotz

Anonymous said...

If fractals could sing, they might sound like this...
Schotz